Kalanggaman Island Amenities
Amenities and other things to do on Kalanggaman Island Cottages:
Toilet & Bathrooms:
- No Cottages (Rent a Table under a tree) - Good for a day tour only. But if you have a tent, you can save money from the rentals. Tents are currently free.
- Open Cottages - Good for a day use. But you can rent this one for overnight. There are no wall around this cottage.
- Family Size Cottages - Good for one big family and multi-day stay at the island. There are walls around the cottage.
Cooking Area / Kitchen:
- There are few toilets scattered around the island.
- There are functioning showers there but fresh water is scarce.
- You can take a bath at the tourism building once you get back from Kalanggaman Island.
- There are at least two (2) cooking areas on the island. One is located near the front area and the other one at the end.
- You have to provide your own firewood / coals and even cookouts. Just ask around, maybe you can rent pots or buy firewood there.
- Best is you buy your food & drinks at the mainland.
- There is one shop found in Kalanggaman Island which sells some of the basic things you need with some extra price.
Beach Volleyball - There is a beach volleyball area near the shop. Ball rentals are in the shop.
Kayak - There are a few kayaks in the island. You can rent it by hours. Ask for the rental price at the shop. They will be happy to assist.
Stand-up-Paddle - Ask for the rental price at the shop. They will be happy to assist.
Snorkeling - Ask for the rental price at the shop. They will be happy to assist.
Scuba Diving - Ask for the rental price at the shop. They will be happy to assist.
The Other Side:
- For the religious ones there is a small chapel at the Island.
The Other Shoreline
- The other side of Kalanggaman island consists of limestone rocks. Around 50 meters is a dive spot.
- This used to be a long stretch but when the island was hit by typhoon Haiyan, it changed.
- Boats can dock almost anywhere in the island. You can ask the captain which part of the shoreline you will be getting off.
- No problem when it comes to security. There are police patrolling the area 24/7.
rates & entrance fee refer to this link.